Monday, March 7, 2011

Home for Lunch: Ironing out Some Kinks

Over the weekend I began cleaning out and trying to get the home office/craft room organized.  Everything was pretty much thrown in the room once the walls were painted and the new floors went down.  It is not really functional for daily work that I need to get done (on the office side of things).


But, I also realized this would be a good time to update a few not so functional aspects on the craft side of things.  I came to the conclusion that my lil 'ol table top ironing board is no longer going to cut it.  It now simply functions as Baxter's new bed.


Once I get everything organized and Alan has time to build some shelves in the closet (soon to be sewing nook) I will be able to get back to work on quilting, etc.  In order to make that happen I need a much larger, regular sized ironing board.  Since I have turned this room's closet into an open sewing area, there's not much of any closed storage in this space, definitely not large enough for a full size ironing board, so I opted for a space saving door hung board.


It's the perfect solution for this space and I am looking forward to using it in the months to come to finish the quilts I started before my little nephews were born last fall.  Maybe they will get a quilt for their first birthdays...hopefully.  Better late than never right?  I guess...


Since these door hung boards are notorious for bumping against the door when you open and close it (I remember the exact sound they make from when I was little). I cut a piece of 3m wall adhesive strip to fit on each bumper and they no longer bounce against the door.  Thank goodness. Problem solved.

7 comments:

  1. Ewwwww! Do tell where you got the cool old organizer piece for your crafts! Love it! Love your space and I can attest to the fact that the more organized and easily accessible your crafts are, the more you will use them. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that wood shelf! where did you find it! i have been thinking about getting an over the door ironing board good idea with the 3m adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! My mom found that shelf that holds all of my yarn at a yard sale. She got a great deal on it which makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you answered where you got it bc I was wondering the same thing!! LOVE IT! I'm gonna have to pull out the adhesive strip... we currently have that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say your wooden shelf looks awesome with all the goodies on it. Good thing I got to that yard sale early because everyone was "fighting" over that little sucker. YAY for me and getting up at the crack of dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Amanda,

    Your brownies are epic.

    Sincerely,

    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spencer, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Unfortunately, we were out of frosting.....but frosting or not, celebratory brownies were definitely needed. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete